GUIDELINES FROM FR. CHARLES MYERS REGARDING IN-PERSON WORSHIP
The precautions that The Episcopal Church of St. John the Baptist will take for the safety and health of those wishing to attend as softly open on Sunday June 21st:
- Under the direction of Junior Warden, Pete Boyd and Kevin Andrews, Assistant Junior Warden the Church will be thoroughly sanitized and wiped down by Veritas Cleaning Company. This will happen on June 16th.
- Entrance to the Church unless it is Sunday Morning will be from the side Counter’s Door or around the back entrance into the parish hall.
- We will be doing tracing by having everyone sign in who comes into the building during the week and taking sight attendance on Sunday and recording it in case someone gets infected.
- There will be one Sunday Service at 10am until further notice.
- Masks will be required by everyone who wants to attend the service. If someone forgets their mask one will be provided for them, but you cannot be in the service without a mask.
- Pews will be marked to ensure social distancing seating.
- There will be no choir singing, instead we will continue with the St John’s Ensemble
- I will be wearing a mask during the consecration and distribution of Holy Eucharist. I will not be wearing a mask preaching.
- Holy Communion will be distributed in Bread only. However, this Bread will be preintincted in Consecrated Wine. I will use “holy tongs” to place it in your hand.
- Though I know it is our custom to kneel and receive Communion, in this initial phase of reopening, communion will be received by coming up to the front of the altar, standing, and I will give you Communion
Services will continue to be live streamed for those who are not yet comfortable with meeting in groups.
Click HERE to view our YouTube Livestream.